Five Incredible Truths We Often Forget
From: Purpose Fairy
When it comes to treating ourselves in the same way we treat the people we love the most, we often fail. We can be generous and kind to others, but not so much with ourselves. We can see the beauty and greatness in others, but not so much in ourselves. I think it’s time for us to start working on changing these things. It’s time for us to start seeing ourselves for what we really are and to start treating ourselves the way we treat the people we love the most. It’s time for us to become aware of these five incredible truths we often forget:
1. You have Superpowers. Are you even aware of the incredible potential that lies within you? We are often told that we only use 10% of our brain, and our mind can’t even comprehend this.
I strongly believe that there will come a day when we will all become aware of this, a day when we will all start seeing ourselves as we really are; a day when we will start to see how magnificent we really are; a day when we will become aware of the fact that nothing is impossible, because just like the beautiful and amazing Audrey Hepburn said it: “Nothing is impossible, the word itself says ‘I’m possible’!”
You don’t believe me? Well, take the example of Anita Moorjani, an incredible woman that once had terminal cancer, with twenty four tumors the size of lemons, tumors that were spread all over her body. Eventually, she managed to recover, after being in a coma for four and a half weeks, and when she woke up, she was completely healed.
This is something that no doctor can explain, as she was supposed to be dead, and not only that she is alive, but all signs of tumors and cancer are now gone. YOU, yes YOU, have Super Powers!
2. You have the power to transform lives! I remember reading these words: “There are people in your beautiful life whom you unknowingly inspire simply by being you” and thinking to myself: The reality could not be further from the truth.You have no idea how many people love you, how many people look up to you, how many people are inspired by the things you do, and if you will start to see yourself as the incredible being you really are, you too will feel inspired by your own SELF. You are a source of inspiration and you have the capacity and the power to transform lives.
3. You are like no other. Yes you are! In this world full of people, there is not even one single being who is exactly like you, not even one! Not even one single person who can do the exact same things you are doing, in the exact same way you are doing them. Do you realize how big this is? You are that special!
Winnie the Pooh said it best: “There is something you must always remember. You are BRAVER than you believe, STRONGER than you seem, and SMARTER than you think”
I am sure that deep down inside you already know this to be true, but maybe you are somehow afraid of the unlimited potential that lies within you, afraid of the responsibilities that come with this knowing and awareness, but there is nothing to fear, for you will never be alone. The world will always love those who dare to embrace their greatness and start achieving their big bold dreams. The world will always love you!
4. You are BEAUTIFUL. Of course you are! It breaks my heart every time I hear somebody complain that they are ugly, and that they can’t stand to see their faces in the mirror, that their nose are too big, their breasts too small, their arms too fat, and the list can go on forever.
And if by any chance you have a hard time seeing the beauty that you are, and “if what you see by the eye doesn’t please you, then close your eyes and see from the heart. Because the heart can see beauty and love more than the eyes can ever wonder.”
5. Love will always find you. Who doesn’t want to feel loved? Who doesn’t want to be loved, to feel appreciated and cared for? There is so much love out there for all of us, and somehow we complain that there is not enough love in the world. Everybody is looking for love but somehow, everybody forgets to start giving love first, before receiving love.
If you start asking the people around you what they want from life, what will make them happy, on their list, I am sure that all of them will add that they want to feel loved, that they want to be loved, so why not start sharing your love with the world, and as a result, the world will start sharing her love with you. This is how love will find you!